Epirus Mountain Bike Challenge set as absolute priority
the safety of the participants and its Organization personnel.
RIDING MOUNTAIN BIKES CAN BE DANGEROUS SPORT!
The Organization does everything in its power
to limit the risks as much as possible.
All the processes related to safety are reviewed in order to be always
at the top of service for keeping the sport safe and pleasure.
In this Edition the service is improved with more assets, (and in more details):
> Two 4x4 Specialised Ambulances
> Stand by Road Ambulance
> Paramedics on the track assistance vehicles
> Doctor of the Event always in the hotel
> 24/24 Tracking System
The Organization will do the best
on preventing accidents or reducing the severity of them by:
- Advising low speeds on difficult downhill tracks.
- Advising invisible danger points on fast downhill pistes.
- Don't drive faster than your personal "comfort zone"
- If you drive faster than this, the risk of an accident increases dramatically.
- Remember that you are in a remote area of a remote Balkan Peninsula.
- Don’t follow other drivers without properly navigating.
If an accident happens, fast action also depends on you.
- You can push the Emergency button in you tracking device first.
- Use your mobile phone (more than 90% of the tracks have good coverage) to call us.
- The emergency numbers can be found on the back of your Time Card.
- Give us a description for the type and severity of the accident.
- If there is no coverage, drive in the direction
of the next checkpoint until you have good coverage.
There's no type of insurance or medical team that
can prevent you from having an accident.
Ultimately, the prevention of accidents is in your hands.
HAVE A SAFE TRIP :-)